The Nave Roof has been damaged by water ingress and Death
Watch beetle attack.
The ends of the rafters have been eaten away by the beetles and the damage has progressed through the core of the timbers.
The roof requires stripping and new oak rafters spliced into the existing.
Repairs will cost between a quarter and a half million pounds.
Without Grant Funding this work will never get done and the building will be deemed unsafe for worship.
The Church from the West side.
From the North side.
From the South side
Leaving the Church
The Church and village were destroyed by the Danes.
In the following picture you can see the outline of some of the original buildings.
The Rolls of Honour
From the Church roof, the lighter areas are the sites of the old village.
Ringing in 01-01-01 from left
to right are Gwen and the late John Roffe, Michael
and Mandy Loveder, and Robert Clarke.
John Roffe who was instrumental in giving our ringers a solid technical base from which to continue in this noble art.
The upstairs ringing chamber.
The old blacksmith made pulley pins from bells 1 and 2.
Bells three and four.
Another view of the Bells.
The Tenor is on the right.
We restarted bellringing practices on January
21st 2000. Attending were
(Left -Right) Peter Marshall, John Roffe, Michael and Mandy Loveder
Freya Guerge, Mike Goodall, Jan Marshall, and Gwen Roffe.
John Roffe teaching Mandy the ropes
the autographs on the Church roof.
W. Clark. 1887.
A very old set of footprints.
Queenie Balderson July 9th 1974.
The Central Aisle
The dedicated font cover
The Sweeting Museum.
The Church organ.
The stained glass